Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Saucy and SWEET! Great side for just about anything.
- 4 cups sliced raw carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- salt, if needed, to taste
- In a saucepan, cook carrot slices in boiling water until crisp-tender (or to desired tenderness); drain and keep hot.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, and sautee the onion until soft. Add all remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Add cooked, drained carrot slices to sauce; remove from heat and gently to coat.
I made this exactly as listed. I was afraid it might be too sweet for my taste, but it wasn't. I like the addition of onion and and tarragon. Made for ZWT 2011.
My carrot-lovin' DH inhaled these sweet yummy carrots! I used diced red onion for a bit of color and didn't have tarragon, so I used thai basil for a big burst of freshness. These were sweet and delicious and super-duper easy! Thanks, Parsley!
Very tasty and quite simple. I was super lazy and used peeled mini carrots and didn't bother with onion or tarragon. My husband liked them a lot and he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. I loved them too, and I DO have a sweet tooth. Thanks for posting!