Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy to make salad is delicious. Use sugar free gelatin if desired. You can use light or dark honey the light-colored honey is milder in flaver while the darker-colored are stronger. Setting to firm time not included.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lemon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping, defrosted
- Drain liquid from canned pineapple into a measuring cup and ADD enough water to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Pour liquid into a pan and bring to a boil; Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and blend in honey, lemon juice and orange juice concentrate.
- Pour into a medium bowl and refrigerate until SLIGHTLY thickened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Whip cream until soft peaks from or use whipped topping; blend gelatin, pineapple, carrots and whipped cream or topping.
- Pour into a 9x9-inch pan and refrigerate until firm, cut into squares to serve.
Wonderful! I have a real weakness for jello salads that my children seem to share. This was lovely, not too sweet or heavy. I took the time to finely grate the carrots and was glad I did. While officially a salad, I served this for dessert and the kids ate and enjoyed every bit, never knowing they were eating their veggies. Thanks, Barb, for a delicious recipe!