Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy to make salad is delicious. Use sugar free gelatin if desired. You can use light or dark honey the light-colored honey is milder in flaver while the darker-colored are stronger. Setting to firm time not included.
- Drain liquid from canned pineapple into a measuring cup and ADD enough water to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Pour liquid into a pan and bring to a boil; Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and blend in honey, lemon juice and orange juice concentrate.
- Pour into a medium bowl and refrigerate until SLIGHTLY thickened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Whip cream until soft peaks from or use whipped topping; blend gelatin, pineapple, carrots and whipped cream or topping.
- Pour into a 9x9-inch pan and refrigerate until firm, cut into squares to serve.
Wonderful! I have a real weakness for jello salads that my children seem to share. This was lovely, not too sweet or heavy. I took the time to finely grate the carrots and was glad I did. While officially a salad, I served this for dessert and the kids ate and enjoyed every bit, never knowing they were eating their veggies. Thanks, Barb, for a delicious recipe!