Recipe by Maryland Jim
Another quick bread that I've made in the past. Not sure where the recipe came from but it is tasty!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
This is one nice quick bread; I was a little leary of a whole cup of honey so cut it down to about 1/2 cup and then added in a can of chunk pineapple with the juice in the directions. It turned out great and was enjoyed by everyone. Next time I'd still add in the pineapple as it just added to the bread but I think I'd use crushed pieces instead of the chunks. A really differant, but very good recipe. Made for ZWT 2011
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend shortening and honey together. Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and mix 1/3 cup with chopped nuts.
- Add about half the remaining sifted dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well. Add bran and pineapple juice and mix, and then add remaining flour and nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degree oven for 75 minutes.