1/1 Photo of Honey & Pine Nut Coffee Cake
A lovely and moist coffee cake, sweet and golden. From a supermarket magazine, posted here for future use and safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- 2Grease a 8 inch round cake tin or spring form, if using cake tin it helps to line it with baking paper as well.
- 3In a small sauce pan, melt the sugar, honey and butter together over a medium heat, boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 4Set aside and allow to cool until just warm.
- 5Place the pine nuts onto a baking tray and roast for approx 8 minutes, alternatively roast in a dry non stick frying pan on top of the hob, stirring regularly.
- 6Add the pine nuts to the honey mixture.
- 7Stir in the eggs and flour.
- 8Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake for approx 50 minutes.
- 9The cake is done when the top springs back when pressed lightly.
- 10Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 11When cold dust with confectioners suger and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey & Pine Nut Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4706.3
- Calories from Fat 2425
- Total Fat 269.5 g
- Saturated Fat 126.4 g
- Cholesterol 1122.1 mg
- Sodium 1534.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 540.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 314.3 g
- Protein 64.4 g