A lovely and moist coffee cake, sweet and golden. From a supermarket magazine, posted here for future use and safe keeping.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Grease a 8 inch round cake tin or spring form, if using cake tin it helps to line it with baking paper as well.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the sugar, honey and butter together over a medium heat, boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Set aside and allow to cool until just warm.
- Place the pine nuts onto a baking tray and roast for approx 8 minutes, alternatively roast in a dry non stick frying pan on top of the hob, stirring regularly.
- Add the pine nuts to the honey mixture.
- Stir in the eggs and flour.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake for approx 50 minutes.
- The cake is done when the top springs back when pressed lightly.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- When cold dust with confectioners suger and serve.