Recipe by Sharon123
Yum, a delcicious way to fix beets! Adapted from Great Good Food by Julee Rosso!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
LOVE these beets! I too cheated and used canned beets, but with AMAZING results. Such mild pickling flavor. Made recipe as written and wouldn't change a thing. THANKS for a kepper of a recipe (for a beet lover). Made for VEG*N tag Aug 2009.
- 1 lb baby beets, trimmed, leaving 1-inch of stem, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced (or you may use red onion)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beets in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the beets are tender, 20-25 minutes, or you may steam the beets if you like.
- Rinse the beets under cold water, drain and slip off the skins.
- Slice beets into 1/4" thick rounds and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except onion.
- Pour over beets.
- Add onion and toss thoroughly.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!