1/1 Photo of Honey Pecan Trout
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
I am hooked on this delicious recipe I learned to make it from a local chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the fatty skin and bones from the fillets.
- 2Place the pecans in a food processor and pulse until the consistency of coarse meal.
- 3Season with salt and pepper and spread in a shallow dish.
- 4Mix the flour and paprika in a shallow dish.
- 5Whisk the water and eggs in a shallow bowl until blended.
- 6Coat the fillets with the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- 7Dip in the egg mixture and shake off the excess.
- 8Coat with the ground pecans and press lightly to adhere.
- 9Pour enough peanut oil into a large skillet to measure ¼". Pan-fry the fillets in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until the fillets flake easily and are light brown.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Combine the honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 12Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- 13Drizzle the glaze over the fillets and sprinkle with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pecan Trout
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1537.2
- Calories from Fat 895
- Total Fat 99.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 366.3 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 96.8 g