1/1 Photo of Honey Pecan Trout
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
I am hooked on this delicious recipe I learned to make it from a local chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the fatty skin and bones from the fillets.
- 2Place the pecans in a food processor and pulse until the consistency of coarse meal.
- 3Season with salt and pepper and spread in a shallow dish.
- 4Mix the flour and paprika in a shallow dish.
- 5Whisk the water and eggs in a shallow bowl until blended.
- 6Coat the fillets with the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- 7Dip in the egg mixture and shake off the excess.
- 8Coat with the ground pecans and press lightly to adhere.
- 9Pour enough peanut oil into a large skillet to measure ¼". Pan-fry the fillets in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until the fillets flake easily and are light brown.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Combine the honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 12Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- 13Drizzle the glaze over the fillets and sprinkle with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pecan Trout
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1537.2
- Calories from Fat 895
- Total Fat 99.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 366.3 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 96.8 g