I am hooked on this delicious recipe I learned to make it from a local chef.
Make and share this Honey Pecan Trout recipe from Food.com.
- Remove the fatty skin and bones from the fillets.
- Place the pecans in a food processor and pulse until the consistency of coarse meal.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread in a shallow dish.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a shallow dish.
- Whisk the water and eggs in a shallow bowl until blended.
- Coat the fillets with the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- Dip in the egg mixture and shake off the excess.
- Coat with the ground pecans and press lightly to adhere.
- Pour enough peanut oil into a large skillet to measure ¼". Pan-fry the fillets in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until the fillets flake easily and are light brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine the honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Drizzle the glaze over the fillets and sprinkle with the parsley.