Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a pretty quick and easy. Oh yeah, and really good too!
- 4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Pour the flour in a shallow bowl or plate and set aside.
- Combine garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley and mix together.
- In a large skillet over med/ high heat add olive oil and 2 tbsp butter/ margarine.
- Take the pork chops and liberally coat them in the spice mixture.
- Dredge (coat) the pork chops in the flour shaking off any extra flour and add to the oil.
- Pan fry the pork chops until a nice golden brown "crust" forms on each side (about 8-10 minutes each side or when internal temp reaches 160 F).
- Remove pork and keep warm.
- DO NOT DRAIN! In the same pan add remaining butter/ margarine, and pecans to the drippings. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add honey to mixture and cook another 2 minutes.
- Plate pork chops and spoon pecans and honey mixture over the top. Serve with wild rice and veggies.