Recipe by oilpatchjo
This wonderful recipe uses all honey, and no sugar or karo syrup. The end result is better than your standard pie, since the honey and the nuts accentuate each other. Plus, this is so easy to make!
- 1 cup honey (use something on the sweet side, like Orange Blossom, Fireweed, or Killer Bee)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 deep dish pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the honey. (It will boil quickly, so watch carefully - you do not want to scorch it!)
- Quickly add eggs and mix well. (For the experienced cooks out there - yes, this sounds odd, but it does work.)
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell. (You can sprinkle pecan halves on top at this point, if you wish.)
- Bake at 325 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream.