Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this one on a Texas Pecan Growers site. These little hummers are delicious!
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup dipping chocolate
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Bring to a bubble, stirring constantly: honey, milk, butter, flour and sugar until mixture reaches 242 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Mix well and pour into well buttered 8x8 pans.
- Sprinkle top with grated chocolate while hot.
- Swirl with fork as it melts.
- Allow to cool to room temperature (over night is best) and slice into 36 or 49 squares.
- Drop each square in pecan meal, roll into a ball and place a pecan half on top.