1/4 Photos of Honey Pecan Glazed Pork Chops
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
There is just something about pork and a sweet sauce. This easy and fast dish fits well into a busy weeknight but is dressy enough for company. Topped with a sweet honey pecan glaze that will tempt even the pickiest eaters. The cayenne really makes this come to life, however if you have little ones please feel free to reduce or eliminate it. The small amount here is just enough to tingle your taste buds not set your mouth on fire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1If desired or necessary, pound chops to ensure even thickness, about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2In a shallow bowl beat egg and milk together.
- 3Place flour in in a zip top bag or on a large sheet of wax paper. Makes cleanup easy.
- 4Mix seasonings together and season each side of the meat to taste. Mix any remaining spice mix into the flour.
- 5Dip each chop into flour mix, shake off any excess flour. Then dip into the egg wash, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Now dip it again in the flour and again shake off any excess.
- 6Melt butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and fry until brown on both sides but not overcooked. About 4 minutes per side.
- 7Heat a small sauce pan over med-low heat a few minutes before meat is done. When warmed add all sauce ingredients and heat just until warm and melted. Stir constantly. Do not overcook or the sauce will get hard.
- 8Place chops on a platter, pour sauce over chops and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pecan Glazed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 153.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 40.8 g