Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A scrumptious sticky chicken, but well worth the mess.
Make and share this Honey Pecan Glazed Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and drain chicken.
- Soak in buttermilk (enough to cover the pieces) for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat shortening or oil to 375 degrees in an electric or cast iron skillet (should be enough hot oil to come half-way up the chicken when placed into the skillet). Place seasoned flour in a paper bag.
- Shake off excess buttermilk from chicken and drop into bag of flour, two or three pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- (Option: For a thicker, crispier chicken, remove piecesfrom flour, dip in buttermilk a second time and shake them in flour mixture again.)
- Place coated chicken pieces in hot oil and reduce the heat to 325 degrees.
- Cook chicken for 10 minutes on one side, flip chicken over, and cook another 10 minutes on second side.
- Drain cooked chicken on paper towels.
- For the glaze, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in honey until blended.
- Bring to a simmer and add pecans.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle over hot fried chicken.
I have to admit, I did alter this recipe a lot, I didn't use buttermilk, but dipped chook in eggs and then rolled in flour. Then I prepared the glaze, added the chook to a baking pan, and poured the glaze over and baked in the oven 1/2 hour.