1 hr 30 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
A scrumptious sticky chicken, but well worth the mess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs frying chicken, Cut-Up
- all-purpose flour, Well Seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- vegetable shortening or oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Wash and drain chicken.
- 2Soak in buttermilk (enough to cover the pieces) for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Heat shortening or oil to 375 degrees in an electric or cast iron skillet (should be enough hot oil to come half-way up the chicken when placed into the skillet). Place seasoned flour in a paper bag.
- 4Shake off excess buttermilk from chicken and drop into bag of flour, two or three pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 5(Option: For a thicker, crispier chicken, remove piecesfrom flour, dip in buttermilk a second time and shake them in flour mixture again.)
- 6Place coated chicken pieces in hot oil and reduce the heat to 325 degrees.
- 7Cook chicken for 10 minutes on one side, flip chicken over, and cook another 10 minutes on second side.
- 8Drain cooked chicken on paper towels.
- 9For the glaze, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in honey until blended.
- 10Bring to a simmer and add pecans.
- 11Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 12Ladle over hot fried chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pecan Glazed Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1565.3
- Calories from Fat 1171
- Total Fat 130.1 g
- Saturated Fat 59.2 g
- Cholesterol 438.3 mg
- Sodium 730.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 65.4 g