Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This takes a little preparation but is well worth the time. It will impress your guests.
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb butter (no margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- cooking oil
- Soak chicken in buttermilk in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess.
- Melt butter in small saucepan on low heat and stir in honey and bring to boil.
- Add pecans and simmer, keep on low heat and cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 3/4" oil in skillet and add chicken that has been dredged in the flour mixture and fry until done and crisp.
- Pour honey and pecan mixture over the fried chicken breasts and serve.
OMG...this was soooo good. I made this last night for my fiancee and I...and we loved it. I had this at a fancy restraunt once and wanted to make it at home. I tenderized and soaked my chicken for about 4 or 5 hours and then lightly fried it up in some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The chicken was super moist and the honey sauce soooo good. Thanks for the AWESOME recipe. I hope someone else gives this one a try. It was super easy to do and i had most ingrediants already on hand. I'll make this one more often.