1/4 Photos of Honey Pecan French Toast
A delicious honey-pecan topping glazes thick slices of French toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 6 slices thick bread (like Texas toast)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
Honey Pecan Topping
- 1In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well with a wire whisk.
- 2Add pancake mix, beating until smooth. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- 3Place bread slices in egg mixture turning slices to coat evenly.
- 4Let stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 5In a large skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon butter. Add 3 slices of bread; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 6Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and bread slices.
- 7Serve immediately with the Honey Pecan Topping.
- 8Honey Pecan Topping:.
- 9In a small bowl, combine the butter and honey, stirring until smooth.
- 10Add nuts, and stir well.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pecan French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.0
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 241.0 mg
- Sodium 1118.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g