Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This gives the chicken a nice crunchy bite. You can also cut the cutlets into fingers for a great appetizer.
- 1 lb skinless chicken piece
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Dredge the cutlets in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat two tablespoons margarine in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cutlets and brown on both sides, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir together the remaining tablespoon margarine, honey and pecans.
- Add to the skillet, stir gently.
- Cover and simmer gently for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove cutlets to a serving platter, pour sauce over and serve.
I loved the flavor, but being a seasoning addict, I added allspice to the honey mix and the flour mix. It was really good.
This is soooo good! I added some crushed red pepper, green onion, and a touch of salt (reminded me of some delicious Mongolian chicken that I used to order all the time when I lived somewhere else), and served it over steamed rice, and had steamed broccoli on the side. Mmmm!
Used oil to brown the chicken, then butter instead of margarine for the honey mix, loved the flavour and the crunch. =)