Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds interesting and I want to post it for safe keeping. This is a grilling recipe, but could also be done in the oven, I'm sure.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken breast halves, bone in
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Prepare Honey Pecan Sauce by mixing all ingredients together.
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat grill.
- Mix all basting sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken on grill, skin sides up, and mop or brush basting sauce over chicken.
- Grill chicken 5 to 6 inches from medium heat 25 to 35 minutes; turn chicken over. Mop with basting sauce.
- Cover and grill 35 to 45 minutes longer, turning and mopping 2 or 3 times with basting sauce until juices are clear. Discard any remaining basting sauce.
- Serve chicken with Honey-Pecan Sauce.