- 1 cup Rice Chex, coarsely crushed
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine Rice Chex, pecan, honey, cinnamon, and butter.
- Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a springform pan.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Place remaining ingredients into large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until the center feels solid in the middle.
- Cool, loosen rim from pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can take about 1/4 cup shredded carrot, spread out on parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, don't let them brown.
- Cool, place in a small bowl and lightly sprinkle some sugar over the dry shredded carrot and garnish individual pieces of cheese cake.