Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This was a last minute recipe. I didn't have any graham crackers, so I used some Rice Chex Cereal, instead. It came out terrific.
- 1 cup Rice Chex, coarsely crushed
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine Rice Chex, pecan, honey, cinnamon, and butter.
- Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a springform pan.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Place remaining ingredients into large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until the center feels solid in the middle.
- Cool, loosen rim from pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can take about 1/4 cup shredded carrot, spread out on parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, don't let them brown.
- Cool, place in a small bowl and lightly sprinkle some sugar over the dry shredded carrot and garnish individual pieces of cheese cake.
Very easy to make and very delicious.I definately will make this over and over again!
We loved this! It's not too rich and the pecans in the crust really do make it special. I might add a bit more cinnamon next time, but only because I really like that spice. I could not find Rice Chex at Safeway, so had to use graham cracker crumbs instead. Simply out of habit I purchased light cream cheese and light ricotta (7%)...I was worried I'd messed it up, but it actually turned out perfect!!! I will make this again. Made for the Cook-athon in honour of Judy~Jude.