1/1 Photo of Honey-Pear Preserves With Ginger
This is adapted from "Putting it up with Honey" by Susan Geiskopf. Use this on toast or English muffins, or on pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and sterilize 5 half-pint canning jars and rings.
- 2Combine all ingredients except ginger root.
- 3Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is of spreading consistency.
- 4Spoon hot mixture into hot sterilized jars to within 1/2-inch from top.
- 5Slice ginger root (no need to peel) into 5 slices. Add a slice of ginger to each jar, pushing it into the preserves.
- 6Seal with new lids and rings and process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from water and listen for "ping" to make sure the jars seal. Store in a cool, dark spot. Let sit to age and get ginger flavor melded, for about 1-2 weeks before using.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Pear Preserves With Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: