From Women's Circle magazine (1990). They state that this is best eaten the next day. Put here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Drain pear halves, reserving two for garnish and reserve the juice. Finely chop remaining pear halves.
- 2Combine brown sugar, honey, oil, pear syrup, eggs, and zests. Stir in chopped pears and nuts.
- 3Sift remaining ingredients (flour gets sifted twice I suppose) and add to pear mixture, stirring until just blended. Pour into greased loaf pans.
- 4Slice reserved pears and arrange on top of batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Remove from oven, invert to cooling racks and cool. For best flavor let stand overnight. Store wrapped in foil.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pear Bread
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 228.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g