Recipe by White Rose Child
An irresistible snack, great to provide lots of (basically) healthy energy for those late-night studying sessions!! Don't know if anyone's invented this already, but here is my version. Enjoy!
Top Review by CoffeeB
MMMMmmmm...o.k. so here's what I did. My strawberries were frozen and so I express defrosted in the microwave. Dumped those in the bowl along with the two kinds of cereals. Used skim for my milk and sliced one small banana on top. I took your advice about the p.b. and even though mine was on the shelf it's the all natural kind and so it didn't blend well into the cereal. I even nuked that for 30 seconds thinking it would soften it a bit. No luck. No worries though...I just plopped it in the bowl and mixed it up the best I could. I will say Amber I did have some misgivings on these flavor combinations. But...after thnking about it...what's not to love? Thanks for another great brekky courtesy of WhiteRoseChild. !!! Made for HolidayTag~
- 1⁄2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1⁄2 cup bran flakes (or multigrain flakes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry, diced (mine were well-defrosted ones, including their juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cereals in a bowl. Add the peanut butter and milk and gently stir it until it's fairly well combined. Note: this can be tricky, if your peanut butter is really firm from being refrigerated. Bring it to room temperature or warm it a bit first for best results.
- Slice in the banana and top with strawberries. (can stir them in too, if you want to.).