Recipe by Rick Young
An easy, sweet peanut butter cookie with a hint of a crunch. Topping is strictly optional
Top Review by chemekristen
I didn't like them at all. They tasted like honey, and only honey. I couldn't even taste the peanutbutter. I didn't like the texture of the oats either. Other people liked them though, this is just my opinion. I think you need to like honey a lot to appreciate these cookies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Coat a baking sheet with melted butter or oil.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the oats, the baking powder, and the salt In a pan, over medium heat, mix together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and honey until melted.
- Add the contents of the pan to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Form teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking sheets, allowing room for spreading. Flatten or "Squish" the dough balls lightly with a fork.
- Bake for ten minutes or until golden in color.
- Cool on baking sheet before removing from sheet.
- Stir together the powdered sugar, butter, and water until smooth.
- Dip tops of cookies into the topping.
- Allow topping to set.