Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite dessert and I tend to double the recipe and freeze in individual serving cups.
- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachio
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 meringue nests
- Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper with paper extending over the sides.
- Put pistachios and sugar in medium non stick skillet. Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until sugar melts and turns brown.
- Pour from pan onto sheet of parchment paper. Cool to room temperature. Chop.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and honey.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold yolk mixture into cream.
- Gently fold egg whites into mixture.
- Gently fold pistachios into mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into prepared pan.
- Arrange meringue on top in a single layer, breaking some into chunks to fit.
- Spoon remaining mixture over meringues.
- Smooth top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Freeze until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, loosen edges with knife and remove from loaf pan using parchment sling.
- Slice or dish out into glasses using an ice cream scoop.