Recipe by Motley Oklahoman
A fast and easy way to replicate the caramelized flavor of roasted vegetables, on the stove top. No need to take up space in the oven, yay!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, peels and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or rosemary, or tarragon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook carrots and parsnips, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Whisk orange juice, honey and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl until blended. Add mixture to skillet and cook covered, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, 12 to 14 minutes. Stir in herbs and season with salt and pepper.