Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a version of a natural breakfast food called Birchermuesli which was developed by a Swiss nutritionist.
- 2 cups quick oats or 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine the oats, milk and salt in a bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients.
- If desired, drizzle a little more honey on the top and more milk or cream.