Recipe by Robin in Kansas
This is from the June 2008 issue of Redbook magazine. We like to have this with jasmine rice and steamed veggies.
Top Review by Andrew Mollmann
Easy and delicious. I made 3 breasts but kept the sauce ingredients the same. I let the sauce simmer down to a sticky gooey glaze which stuck to the chicken very well. Served with brown rice.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine juice, honey, ginger, garlic, zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add chicken, stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes minimum.
- Heat a large skillet over med. heat until hot.
- add vegetable oil and swirl to coat.
- Lift chicken from marinade and let excess drip back into the bowl.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and cook over med heat 3 min per side, or until golden brown.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet and boil over med-high heat, turning chicken once or twice, 3-5 min, or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced by half. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, cut into diagonal slices, and arrange on a platter. Stir sesame iol into thickened sauce and spoon it over chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.