Recipe by LMillerRN
To make breasts uniformly thick for even cooking, place them smooth side down and pull off the tenderloin strip (also called tender) on top. Freeze strips for future dinners.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup canned 99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt in a plastic food bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 5 minutes or until golden and meat is opaque at center. Remove to serving plate.
- Put orange peel, juice, broth, honey and garlic in skillet. Boil 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in parsley; spoon over chicken.