Recipe by dicentra
This sounds wonderful.
Top Review by CraftScout
This was wonderful. :) Sweet, with a texture like properly cooked carrots (not mushy). My picky picky DD (6yo) not only ate hers but asked for and devoured seconds! She even wanted leftovers for her lunch today. And not only was it well received, but it was also very easy. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a steamer set over boiling water steam the squash, covered, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until it is just tender but not soft, and remove it from the steamer.
- In a skillet melt the butter with the honey, the zest, and the orange juice, stirring.
- Add the squash and salt and pepper to taste, and cook the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring gently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the squash is coated well with the orange mixture. Serves 2.