Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Very easy recipe! 8)
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very easy indeed and the result is a very good tasting bread. Made just as stated. It has a hint of sweetness from the honey which is very nice. The bread rose well and in my oven it was done after one hour of baking. The crust is crunchy and the inside soft and not too dense. It crumbles a little when sliced but that could be cause I just couldn't wait for it to cool down properly before tasting.
Very pleased I chose to make this bread.
Thanks for posting.
Made for My-3-Chefs, June 2012.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a bread pan and dust with flour.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl using a rotary beater, mix egg, honey and milk.
- Combine mixtures (mixture will not be smooth).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until crusty and tester comes out clean.
- Pour the melted butter over the hot loaf and turn out on wire rack.