Recipe by Annacia
These hearty handhelds are made with the wholesome goodness of rolled oats, buttermilk, honey and wheat. Chewy and full of flavor, they're great warm with melted butter or as smart snacks for kids on the go.
Top Review by nemokitty
This didn't work for me. The muffins stuck to the paper liner on the bottom and some sides so it definitely wasn't presentable. The taste was ok just the fact it didn't come out I couldn't use them for hubby's work. Sorry! Maybe I should have read Lalaloula's review about adding more flour. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2011.
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine buttermilk and oats in a small saucepan; heat just until warm; set aside.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine honey and vegetable oil with oat mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into wet mixture. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.