Recipe by LAURIE
Quick to mix and quicker to disapear. I like to slightly underbake these for a more softer bar. Dont over bake or you will have rocks! For a really flavorful bar, toast the nuts and coconut in the oven while preheating...watch closely it will burn quickly.
Top Review by Thedeath458
This was a great recipe. It had a nice flavor and were soft with a nice texture (I underbaked them a little) However, I didn't have any coconut on hand so I used rasins instead, but the flavor was still great. I will make again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (dont sub margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, honey and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingedients.
- Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal, coconut and nuts.
- Spread into greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store airtight with a piece of fresh bread to keep them soft.