Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These taste better if you make them chewy :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream Crisco, sugar, brown sugar, honey, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes for soft cookies, 13-14 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Makes 6 dozen 2 inch cookies.
Oatmeal chews Home made all the way . can I put brown sugar in this Recipe and no sugar.