Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking through my old recipe box and I found this. When butter flavored Crisco first came out, this was on the container it came in. I put in the shortest baking time--you may have to adjust. Also, you may get less cookies than what is stated.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Really good cookie. I thought it would taste overly sweet with sugar and honey, but it was not at all. The honey taste was detectable but not overpowering. A nice balance of flavors and easy to make. I made one batch and refrigerated the rest for a day and they were just as good when i made those. I would suggest, though not leaving them out if it is humid. They got sticky and a bit cakey (though still good) so i put the rest in the fridge and they were fine. Will make these again.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream Crisco, both sugars, honey, egg, milk, and vanilla until creamy.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Stir in oats, coconut, rasins, and walnuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 11 to 12 minutes for soft cookies or for 13 to 14 minutes for crisp cookies; remove to cooling rack.