1/2 Photos of Honey Oatmeal Bread for Your Kitchenaid Mixer
2 hrs 40 mins
At one point, I always made homemade bread! This recipe, from the KitchenAid Recipe and Instruction book, was our favorite! When it comes out of the oven, you want to be sure to have a knife and butter handy! MMM...homemade bread...one of life's simple pleasures! (Prep time includes two hours for rising of dough)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 5 cups flour, oats, salt, and yeast in Bowl.
- 2Attach bowl and dough hook.
- 3Turn to speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds.
- 4In saucepan, combine water, honey, and butter.
- 5Heat to 120°F to 130°F.
- 6On Speed 2, slowly add warm liquids to flour mixture, mixing for about 1 minute.
- 7Add eggs; mix an additional 1 minute.
- 8Still on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl, about 3 minutes.
- 9Knead on Speed 2 for 7-10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 10Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 11Cover; let rise in warm place, until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 12Punch dough down.
- 13Divide dough in half.
- 14Shape each half into a loaf.
- 15Place each loaf into a greased 8 1/2x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch bread pan.
- 16Cover; let rise in warm place till doubled, about an hour.
- 17Combine 1 TBSP water and egg white. Brush tops of loaves with mixture.
- 18Sprinkle with oatmeal.
- 19Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- 20Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Oatmeal Bread for Your Kitchenaid Mixer
Serving Size: 1 (1520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2058.6
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 308.0 mg
- Sodium 2850.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 339.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 71.1 g
- Protein 49.2 g