Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
KimmieOH has posted a similiar recipe but thought I'd post one for a smaller loaf. My bread machine can only hold about 3 cups of flour. This is from Taste of Home 2000. Never fails!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (70 - 80*)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all.
- ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Use complete cycle.
- Mine takes 4hrs 10 minute for the complete cycle.
Great recipe! I was looking for something that didn't take bread flour or milk because I was out. This was perfect. Great bread for sandwiches, its got a good fluffy consistency without a lot of air pockets. But its good plain or with butter, too. The sweetness isn't too much.
FINALLY a bread recipe that blows me away. I wasn't sure what to expect but this bread came out excellent. It was moist and tasty. I didn't change a thing and it came out great.
Perfectly delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.