1/5 Photos of Honey Oatmeal Bread
2 hrs 35 mins
A delicious, nutritious fool-proof bread using ingredients in your pantry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oats, honey, salt, and butter (if using) into a large bowl. Pour boiling water over and let sit till barely warm.
- 2Add yeast and flour, mixing well.
- 3Turn out onto floured counter and knead for 5 minutes. Add flour as necessary because this can be a sticky dough due to the honey and oats.
- 4Put dough back into bowl, cover with a cloth, and let rise for 1 hour.
- 5Turn dough out onto floured counter, punch down, divide into 2 loaves.
- 6Place loaves on a lightly greased cookie sheet (or 1/2 sheet pan), cover with cloth again and let rise for 45 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees, brush loaves with milk and sprinkle with oats (if desired), and bake for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g