Recipe by jmulholland06
Wonderful bread, great for sandwiches, stays moist for up to a week. My family loves it! And an added bonus- it is good for you with evoo, the natural sweeting of honey, and great omega 3 dha from flaxseed meal. Don't hesitate to try it!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix boiling water, oats, honey, and olive oil and let it sit 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile mix dry ingredients (except yeast) in standing mixer with dough hook- otherwise us bowl and wooden spoon. Make well in top of dry ingredients and add yeast. Start up mixer again and add the wet ingredients (oatmeal mixture)- add last 1/4 cup of warm water if needed. Dough should form ball after a minute or two in the mixer with the dough hook- if you are mixing by hand do so until it forms a ball. Dough should not feel sticky to the touch. Let it rise in a greased bowl for 1 hour- it should double in size. Form it into 1 loaf and put it in a buttered loaf pan. Let it rise again until doubled in size- about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until sides separate a bit from the sides of the pan and it sounds hollow when you knock on the bottom.