Recipe by Raelene's
My husband and I decided to make a lifestyle change which included eliminating sugar, white flour, processed foods etc., from our diet. I created this delicious and simple recipe to satisfy an occasional sweet tooth, also this dessert is ideal to serve to children as it is only sweetened with honey. If using organic apples you may choose to leave the peels on, also depending on the sweetness of the apples you use you may choose to decrease the amount of honey. To make a virtually fat free version, you can also eliminate the butter in the topping, I have tried this both ways and find that it turns out almost the same. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel, core, and chop apples into small bit size pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, cinnamon, and honey and stir until apples are well coated.
- Place mixture into a small glass loaf pan or baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- In a seperate bowl combine rolled oats, cinnamon, and butter. Mix well until butter is worked into oats, drizzle honey and mix. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture and place in oven on top rack for 25 minutes or until topping begins to brown.
- Serve alone or with a scoop of low fat icecream.