Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "The GI Diet" by Rick Gallop
Make and share this Honey Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats (large flake)
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute (Splenda)
- In a large pot, bring milk, water, cinnamon and salt to boil.
- Stir in oats and wheat germ and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for about 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in almonds and Splenda.