Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
we like to cut these into dog bone shapes...our dog goes wild over these..
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml honey
- 59.14 ml water
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml yellow cornmeal
- place first 5 ingredients in medium mixing bowl.blend with a whisk.
- add honey, water and eggs.
- mix.dough will be sticky --
- sprinkle half of the cornmeal over a sheet of waxed paper.place dough on waxed paper and pat it out to 1/4" thickness.
- as you pat, sprinkle more cornmeal over the dough.and on your hands to make it easier --
- cut with 2 1/2" cookie cutter or cut into rectangles.
- place on sprayed cookie sheet --
- bake at 325* for 30 minutes.40 minutes for a little harder treat.
The cat got to these treats before the dogs, and she loved them! I ended up making 3 batches, as the dogs adored them too. Instead of using plain hot water, I dissolved a beef bullion cube in the water. The batter was a cookie dough consistency, so I didn't bother try rolling it out, I just made balls and dropped them directly on the cookie sheet. Nice recipe. Will be making more!
My dog loves these, and he's the type of dog that only eats certain colors out of his kibbles.
Wow! My dogs--all nine of them--went nuts over these! My boxer liked them so much that when we left some in a Tupperware container on the counter...he helped himself. Chewed right through the container and ate all the evidence! We will make these forever, but keep them in a safer place--away from the boxer! You gotta try these dog cookies!