Recipe by grandma2969
we like to cut these into dog bone shapes...our dog goes wild over these..
Top Review by Becky Running Far & Fast
The cat got to these treats before the dogs, and she loved them! I ended up making 3 batches, as the dogs adored them too. Instead of using plain hot water, I dissolved a beef bullion cube in the water. The batter was a cookie dough consistency, so I didn't bother try rolling it out, I just made balls and dropped them directly on the cookie sheet. Nice recipe. Will be making more!
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml honey
- 59.14 ml water
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml yellow cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- place first 5 ingredients in medium mixing bowl.blend with a whisk.
- add honey, water and eggs.
- mix.dough will be sticky --
- sprinkle half of the cornmeal over a sheet of waxed paper.place dough on waxed paper and pat it out to 1/4" thickness.
- as you pat, sprinkle more cornmeal over the dough.and on your hands to make it easier --
- cut with 2 1/2" cookie cutter or cut into rectangles.
- place on sprayed cookie sheet --
- bake at 325* for 30 minutes.40 minutes for a little harder treat.