Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I think I really could live on bread alone! THIS bread anyway! Slightly sweet and BEAUTIFUL looking!
- In lg. mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, honey and boiling water. Stir til butter is melted.
- Cool til warm, 110-115º.
- Add the eggs, oats, salt, butter mixture and 2 cups flour to the yeast mixture; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough, (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Cover and let rise in warm place til doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart round baking dish.
- Cover and let rise in warm place til doubled again, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake in 375º oven for 35-40 minutes til golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking dish and cool on wire rack.
Yep. Outstanding. The first time it came out a little gooey in the middle, so since then I have been adding about 3/4 cup more flour and baking at 350 for a hour. Perfect every time. Incredible taste and texture, and so easy to make. It's in the once-a-week rotation.
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly... my hubby and I couldn't wait so after the timer dinged we took off the top of the bread and ate it! Then we put it back in the oven, as the center was not quite set. I think next time I will cook it a bit longer, on a lower temperature. I will definitely make it again. Thank you so much for the recipe :)
This is a very easy recipe and a pretty good bread! I had to add some extra flour and couldn't find my plain oatmeal and so used 3 packets of Quaker Simple Harvest Apple Cinnamon. As it turns out, this was a great sub because it added some very nice flavor! Thank you for the recipe!