Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy Honey Oat Bread that can be made into rolls. My Neighbor gave me the recipe.
- 946.36 ml warm water
- 44.37 ml yeast
- 118.29 ml oil
- 118.29 ml honey
- 2129.31 ml high gluten flour
- 591.47 ml quick oats
- 19.71 ml salt
- Pour the 4 cups of warm water into your mixer bowl. Add the 3 tbs of yeast. Let sit untill foamy.
- Add:1/2 cup oil and1/2 cup honey.
- Add and mix in: (knead with dough hook about 15 mins.) 9 cups high gluten flour and 2 1/2 cups quick oats and 4 tsp salt.
- Turn out on a floured surface. Form into a smooth "blob" and cut into 4 semi-equal pieces. Form into 4 balls and cover with dish cloth. Let rise about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Punch down and form into loaves and or rolls. Put on lightly greased pans. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins (loaves) or 20 mins (rolls).
- Butter tops if desired.
Delicious! My husband and I loved the taste and texture of this bread. We were looking for a bread that was similar to the honey oat we had at this great sandwich place we went to in Vermont. All the recipes looked kind of blah to me but this one seemed like it was exactly what I was looking for. It was so easy and since it yields 4 loaves, I gave a bunch away and everyone thought it was great!