Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 5 mins
A nice simple hearth-like bread...Great for anything from toast to sandwiches!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine ingredients in breadmaker per your manufacturer's instructions.
- You can replace 2 cups white bread flour with 2 cups whole wheat flour but include 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten (the original recipe suggested this).
- Makes a moist, sweet loaf.
- NOTE: cook time is for the basic/white cycle (medium crust; 1½ lb loaf) using a BreadmanPlus bread machine; your machine may differ.
Yummy!! This bread makes amazing french toast!! I used the medium white setting and it was a bit dark, so next time I'll use the light setting, thanks!
Great Recipe...Turned out perfect!! Did 1 1/2 cups White Bread Flour and 1 1/2 Half cups White Wheat...(I didn't use the Vital Gluten and it still turned out great!) So glad I came across this recipe!! Will definitely be making this again!! Thanks!! =)
This has been my favorite bread so far! It is moist, even after a couple days, and slices and holds together great for sandwiches. I don't find it too sweet for sanwiches. I used agave instead of honey. I used 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten because I subbed 1 c white whole wheat flour. Used dough cycle in bread machine because I don't like how bread turns out baked in the machine. Let rise and baked at 350* for about 30 min. Yum!