Recipe by Felix4067
Healthy, diabetic-friendly bread for the bread machine. Cook time is a guess, as you just use the "light" setting, however long that takes in your particular machine.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
I made this with my KitchenAid dough hook. I baked it in a greased loaf pan for about 30 mins. and it rose beautifully. I didn't have sea salt to add in. We all loved the taste and texture. This is in my weekly bread rotation. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dry non-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast