Top Review by Georgiapea
Just made these tonight. I substituted 1 cup of white whole wheat flour. They have a nice flavor - not very sweet, but hearty and healthy tasting. I wish mine had turned out a bit crisper...they just wouldn't do it! They're definitely firm, just not totally dry like I like. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Nice recipe - thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F. (will be turned down to 300F. for second baking.)
- Cream butter.
- Beat in honey, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- St into butter mixture. Stir in oats and nuts.
- On greased baking sheet, shape dough into 2 (10x3x1-inch) logs.
- Bake at 375 F. for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove to cutting board.
- Cut each log into 1/2-inch strips; place on cookie sheet. Bake at 300F., 25-30 minutes or until crisp throughout strip.