Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very simple and absolutely delicious - perfect to add to a lunch box or have with an afternoon cuppa. This recipe was given to me by Linda, my wonderful big sister. You can use cranberries or dried cherries in place of some or all of the sultanas. I like to use one cup regular oats and one cup of jumbo oats for texture.
- 473.18 ml porridge oats
- 473.18 ml sultanas
- 236.59 ml self raising flour
- 236.59 ml demerara sugar
- 236.59 ml desiccated coconut
- 226.79 g butter
- 44.37 ml honey
- Melt butter and honey together and stir in the dry ingredients.
- Press into a 9x12" tray and bake at 160C for 25-30 minutes.
- Use knife to mark into 16 bars while still warm to make cutting easier when cooled.
- Bars will keep for several days in airtight container.