Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A hearty banana bread with a delicious crust. Tastes like it came from the bakery!
- 6 ripe bananas
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 4 by 8 loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, crisco and sugars. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture. Mix in 2 1/4 cups of oats by hand.
- Pour half of the batter into the pans. Drizzle half of the honey over batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cups of oats on each pan. Drizzle with remaining honey.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Cool on wire racks in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.