Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
A nice vegetarian alternatative to cream cheese spreads for bagels. This is great on a hearty slice of while grain bread with lettuce and tomato; add a slice of oven roasted turkey for the non-veggies and everyone's eating well! Serving size is ~ 3 Tablespoons.
- 12 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter (substitute any other nut butter or tahini, if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a covered container for storage in the refrigerator.
- Use spread within 2 weeks.
OMG this is SOOOOO goood!!!!!!! I'm on a diet right now and I've been wanting a healthy treat that will also be okay for my diabetes. this is it! I omitted the lemon juice and it still came out great! This one's a keeper!!! OMg!!!! I also tried it freezing it in the freezer and it I had it as ice cream, it is GREAT!
This is a fabulous recipe! I used soy nut butter, which added a slight bitterness to the spread. The spread tastes almost like frosting, it tastes so good. This is my newest comfort food. Thank you for the recipe!
Mmm! I had this on toasted oat bread, and it was delicious! I used soynut butter, and it turned out creamy and nutty. I also used extra firm silken tofu, since that was all I had on hand. It's probably not as firm as it's supposed to be, but it worked out fine! Thanks for a great recipe!