Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lightly sweet, soft baked oatmeal cookies. I liked this recipe because I was searching for a way to bake with less refined sugar while keeping a good flavor and texture. It took some tweeking to get the wet/dry ratio and cooking temp. down. Try with dried fruits if you like.
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat together brown sugar with wet ingredients in one bowl using an electric hand mixer. Mixture won't cream together, but mix as thoroughly as you can.
- In another bowl combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients into your dry ingredients until well combined and moistened. I use a spatula since mixture gets very sticky.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes before spooning onto a cookie sheet. Cookies do not spread while cooking, so you'll want to flatten them with a fork.
- Bake cookies for about 10-15 minutes depending on size. They should be done when they are light brown around the edges. Be careful not to overbake.