Recipe by DallasDiva22
A co-worker made these delicious cookies for our team's snack day. A great healthy alternative to sugary confections.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 69.00 ml salt
- 414.03 ml honey-nut flavor toasted oat cereal, crushed to 3/4 cup
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped & divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar; beat in egg, milk & vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cereal crumbs, and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Add to creamed mixture, and mix just till blended. (Batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or till toothpick tests clean, and top is lightly browned.
- Cool. Cut into bars.