Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A co-worker made these delicious cookies for our team's snack day. A great healthy alternative to sugary confections.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups honey-nut flavor toasted oat cereal, crushed to 3/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped & divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar; beat in egg, milk & vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cereal crumbs, and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Add to creamed mixture, and mix just till blended. (Batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or till toothpick tests clean, and top is lightly browned.
- Cool. Cut into bars.